This time I blended the fruit in my blender coz I read somewhere that the seeds contained calcium (I forgot where). Then when I googled for it, this came up:
"Dragon fruits are high in antioxidants, which help to fight carcinogenic free-radicals from forming in the body. In addition, they are a good source of Vitamin C, and are rich in minerals, especially calcium and phosphorus. They are also low in calories and high in fiber, while the seeds are have high polyunsaturated fatty acids. Aside from its nutritional content, the fruit is also said to help excrete heavy metal toxins from the body and lower cholesterol and blood pressure. Dragon fruits are also known to be a natural laxative."
"The crunchy seeds have a nutty taste and are high in lipids, although they are indigestible unless chewed. "
So this time I made them like this:
1 whole red dragon fruit
200gms rock sugar
lemon juice from 2 lemons (About 100ml--I like the flavour of lemon to be stronger)
1 packet of agar-agar strips (about 25gms)
2l water (Depends on how firm you want your jelly to be, actually my packet of agar-agar calls for only1.4L)
1. Bring 2L water with the agar-agar strips and rock sugar to a boil. Simmer until all the agar-agar and sugar have dissolved.
2. Meanwhile, puree dragon fruit flesh with a blender. Mix in lemon juice.
3. Take the agar-agar off the fire.
4. Mix in fruit puree and pour into moulds to cool down.
5. Chill in the fridge before serving.
These are from my earliest attempt...see the differences of the ones with seeds and without?